Jason Attwood's practice focuses on civil litigation, representing both private and public entity clients. Jason has a broad range of insurance defense experience, including dram shop, products liability, personal injury, and premises liability matters. His experience representing public entity clients includes the defense of employment and civil rights actions, involving claims of discrimination and harassment, at both the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to joining Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, Jason was a partner at DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP. He is a graduate of the State University of New York's College of Environmental Science and Forestry, where he received his B.S. cum laude in 1999. He received his J.D. from Seton Hall Law School, also cum laude, in 2002, where he was an editor at the Seton Hall Constitutional Law Journal.
In Jason's Words:
"For twenty years, I have practiced primarily in the field of insurance defense, representing both public entities and private clients. Within this field, I handle cases ranging from civil rights to products liability claims. Our group litigates a diverse array of cases, and each matter we handle is unique, requiring an approach tailored to both the case and the client. With a wealth of experience at the firm, we collaborate and work effectively to obtain favorable outcomes for our clients."
- Stewart, et al. v. New Jersey Turnpike Authority, et al., 249 N.J. 642 (2022)
- Jones v. Morey's Pier, Inc. 230 N.J. 142 (2017)
- Dunbar Homes, Inc. v. Zoning Board of Adjustment of the Township of Franklin, 448 N.J. Super. 583 (App. Div. 2017)
- Mikhaeil v. Santos, 646 Fed.Appx. 158 (3d Cir. 2016)
- Mandal v. Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, 430 N.J. Super. 287 (App. Div.), petition for certif. denied (2013)
- Estate of John Oliva, Jr. v. State of New Jersey, Department of Law, Division of State Police, 604 F.3d 788 (3d Cir. 2010)
- Peterson v. Bernardi, 719 F. Supp.2d 419 (D.N.J. 2010)
News & Insights
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
B.S., College of Environmental Science and Forestry, State University of New York, 1999, cum laude
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2002, cum laude