David Cinotti focuses his practice on commercial litigation, international and domestic arbitration, and appellate litigation. Clients and other lawyers alike turn to David for his ability to develop litigation strategies and get quickly to the heart of the dispute in complex commercial matters across a wide variety of industries. Before joining Pashman Stein Walder Hayden, David worked at Venable LLP and Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP. In addition, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph M. McLaughlin of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Honorable Richard Conway Casey of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. His federal-court experience is an asset to his commercial clients, which range from global companies to businesses based in New Jersey. Lawyers from out-of-state firms regularly bring David into sophisticated litigation matters that are venued in New Jersey or New York.
David represents clients in the financial services, hospitality, e-commerce, real-estate, and healthcare industries, among others. His cases typically involve complex legal analysis and motion practice, as well as large volumes of electronic discovery. His diverse experience includes matters involving bankruptcy litigation, RICO and fraud claims, data privacy, breach of contract, business torts, unconstitutional treatment of property rights, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional issues, and white-collar criminal law.
In David's Words:
"Before joining Pashman Stein, I worked at AmLaw 100 firms in New York for almost 10 years. Pashman Stein has the same deep commitment to client service and excellence as those larger firms, along with a dedication to our communities. My colleagues are some of the best lawyers with whom I’ve practiced, and it is a privilege to work with them."
- Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County v. C&A Benefits Group LLC, Civ. No. 2:20-cv-1122 (WJM), 2021 WL 1573843 (D.N.J. Apr. 22, 2021)
- In re Application of Atvos Agroindustrial Investimentos S.A. Under 28 U.S.C. § 1782, 481 F. Supp. 3d 166 (S.D.N.Y. 2020)
- 615 River Road Partners, LLC v. Borough of Edgewater, Civ. No. 2:17-12659, 2019 WL 1930755 (D.N.J. Apr. 30, 2019)
- Anato Opportunity Fund I, L.P. v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.,153 A.D.3d 1161 (1st Dep’t 2017)
- In re Google Inc. Cookie Placement Consumer Privacy Litigation, 806 F.3d 125 (3d Cir. 2015), cert. denied, 137 S. Ct. 36 (2016)
- Aircraft Services Resales LLC v. Oceanic Capital Co., 586 F. App’x 761 (2d Cir. 2014)
- Eden Roc, LLLP v. Marriott International, Inc., 116 A.D.3d 486 (1st Dep’t 2014)
- SGS Société Générale de Surveillance S.A. v. Republic of Paraguay, ICSID Case No. ARB/07/29, Decision on Annulment (May 19, 2014), Award (Feb. 10, 2012)
- Collins v. Oilsands Quest Inc., 484 B.R. 593 (S.D.N.Y. 2012)
- Bureau Veritas, Inspection, Valuation, Assessment and Control, BIVAC B.V. v. Republic of Paraguay, ICSID Case No. ARB/07/9, Further Decision on Objections to Jurisdiction (Oct. 9, 2012)
- Colliers ABR, Inc. v. Famurb Co., 101 A.D.3d 409 (1st Dep’t 2012)
- Alliance for Open Society International, Inc. v. USAID, 254 F. App’x 843 (2d Cir. 2007)
Honors & Recognitions
- New York Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2011-2017
The Rising Stars list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
News & Insights
Community & Professional
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- New York City Bar Association, Federal Courts Committee
- Cento Amici
- Former Adjunct Professor, Seton Hall University School of Law
- Former Expert for Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See to the United Nations
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 2000, summa cum laude
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif