Erik M. Corlett handles complex commercial litigation amongst high-asset business owners, often involving family members and shareholders on issues pertaining to shareholder, member and partner disputes, business valuations, trusts and estates disputes, buy-outs, and other sophisticated commercial and corporate law matters. He has extensive experience representing individuals and corporate clients at both the trial and appellate levels, litigating multi-jurisdictional matters, appellate, and post-judgement issues to conclusion. Clients and colleagues appreciate Erik’s comprehensive and collaborative approach to dispute resolution.
Erik also serves as defense counsel for an array of public entities including state transportation entities, municipalities, boards of education, county prosecutor’s offices, and county improvement and utility authorities in contract disputes, regulatory enforcement, and civil rights matters.
- Verge Properties Urban Renewal, LLC v. Union County Improvement Authority, 2015 WL 6739538 (App. Div. Nov. 5, 2015)
- Estate of Cohen v. Cohen, 2013 WL 5476569 (App. Div. Dec. 12, 2013)
- Cohen v. Booth Computers, 421 N.J. Super. 134 (App. Div. 2011)
- Sipko v. Koger, Inc., 2020 WL 4811565 (App. Div. Aug. 19, 2020), cert. granted, 2021 WL 2931318 (July 9, 2021)
Honors & Recognitions
- New Jersey Law Journal, Unsung Hero, 2020
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014-2019
- Selected to the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating list.
The New Jersey Rising Star list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
The Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings list is issued by Martindale-Hubbell. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Client_Review_Ratings.aspx.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
News & Insights
Community & Professional
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey
- New York
B.A., Macalester College, 2002
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2006, magna cum laude